Easy Recipes with Ground Beef – Nachos
Nachos are a classic dish and this recipe kicks it up a notch by adding taco seasoning, chilies and hot sauce. The avocado, amongst the tomatoes, lettuce and sour cream add a refreshing touch to these otherwise spicy nachos.
Easy Recipes with Ground Beef – Ingredients
Makes 4 servings
- 1 lb Lean Ground Beef
- 2 Onions chopped
- 1 clove Garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp Chilli Powder
- 1 tsp Coriander
- 1 tsp Cumin
- A few dropsTabasco
- 1 packet Taco Seasoning
- 1 Avocado peeled, stone removed and chopped
- 4 Tomatoes, chopped
- grated cheese
- 2 Chilies, de-seeded and chopped finely
- Sour Cream for serving
- Iceberg Lettuce, finely shredded
- 2 bags Plain Tortilla Chips
- 1 jar Salsa
Easy Recipes with Ground Beef – Directions
- Preheat the oven to 190ºC.
- In a large frying pan, heat 2 tablespoons of oil and add the onions; cook until transparent. Add the ground beef and mix until brown. Add the garlic, chili powder, coriander, cumin,Tabascoand prepare the taco seasoning according to the instructions on the packet. Cook for 10 minutes.
- In an oven-safe dish, add the tortilla chips. Add the ground beef mixture on top. Top with cheese and place in the oven to cook for 10 minutes, or until the cheese has melted and the chips have browned slightly.
- Remove the nachos from the oven and add the avocado, tomatoes and lettuce. Serve the sour cream and salsa on the side.
Easy Recipes with Ground Beef – Tips
Make this a healthier snack by using extra lean ground beef (or turkey), low-fat cheese, low-fat sour cream and choose a less salted/baked tortilla chip.
Follow this link for ideas on easy recipes with ground beef nachos.