Easy Recipes with Ground Beef – Japanese-Style Ground Beef
If you find yourself becoming uninspired and bored with ground beef, try this Japanese infused ground beef recipe. Although this recipe is labeled as “Japanese”, it is not found inJapanat all – hence it is “inspired” by common Japanese ingredients. The beef comes out juicy and tender, with the added sweet, tanginess from the ginger and the bitterness from the rice wine ingredients which add a new flavour profile that will surprise your family. If you’re not skilled with chop sticks, then this meal should be eaten with a fork.
Easy Recipes with Ground Beef – Ingredients
Makes 4 servings
- 300g Ground Beef
- 2 tbsp fresh Ginger, grated
- 1 or 2 tbsp Sugar
- 3 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 3 tbsp Sake (Rice Wine available in a liquor store)
- 2 tablespoons Mirin (Sweet Cooking Rice Wine found in the International Section at your grocery store)
Easy Recipes with Ground Beef – Directions
- Heat a nonstick frying pan and cook the ground beef on medium-high without the addition of oil.
- Add the grated ginger and mix well. Stir in the sugar, soy sauce, Sake and Mirin. Turn up the heat to high and let the liquids boil to a minute to remove the alcohol.
- Serve the ground beef mix over cooked rice.
Easy Recipes with Ground Beef – Tips
Try this Asian-inspired ground beef mixture in tortillas, salsa, sour cream, guacamole, lettuce and tomatoes for an Asian-inspired taco meal.
Add the ground beef to a tomato sauce to make Asian Bolognese sauce and serve over Asian or Italian pasta noodles.
Add some chili for an extra kick to the meat.
The ground beef can be substituted by any other meat product for different pairings and flavours.
Click the link for more easy recipes with ground beef with a Japanese flare.