Easy Recipes with Ground Beef – Japanese Curry & Meatballs
A tasty combination of marinated meatballs and Japanese-style curry sauce with the added flavours of onions, carrots and potatoes. This is a great rice dish.
Easy Recipes with Ground Beef – Ingredients
Makes 4 servings
- 2 tbsp Japanese Soy Sauce (Tamari)
- 1 tsp Icing Sugar
- 2 tsp Corn Flour
- 1 lb Lean Ground Beef
- 1 Egg, beaten
- 1-2 tbsp Water, or as needed
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 1 Onion, diced
- 2 Carrots, diced
- 4 Potatoes, diced
- Hot Water, as needed
- 4 blocks Japanese Curry Concentrate
Easy Recipes with Ground Beef – Directions
- Combine in a medium bowl the soy sauce, icing sugar, corn flour and ground beef. Let marinate for 5 minutes.
- Add the egg and stir in the same direction until the mixture becomes sticky. While stirring, add enough water to make the beef mixture smooth. Form the meat into balls.
- Over medium heat, heat a large frying pan and cook the meatballs until they are cooked completely, about 5 to 7 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Add the butter to the same pan, still over medium heat. Sautee the onion, carrots and potatoes for 3 to 4 minutes, then add them to a large pot.
- Add enough water to cover the vegetables and bring it to a boil. Turn the heat down to medium, cover and cook until the potatoes become soft, about 15 minutes.
- Remove the pot from the heat and add the curry and meatballs. Stir the sauce until it thickens. Cover the pot and allow it to rest for 10 minutes before serving. Serve over rice.
Easy Recipes with Ground Beef – Tips
The Japanese soy sauce and curry concentrate can be found in the Oriental/International section of your grocery store. You can also opt for curry sauce or a preferred soy sauce instead.
Click the following link for information on Japanese kobe beef and kobe-style easy recipes with ground beef.