Easy Recipes with Ground Beef – Brazilian Beef Chili
This picadillo is rich and fragrant with so many different aromatic spices and tasty ingredients; it is a recipe that you must try. You can enjoy this Brazilian-inspired dish on its own, or served over rice, or as a filling in tortilla shells. Picadillo is a traditional and popular Latin American dish that has many varieties and methods depending on the country, but most share the use of ground beef, peppers and tomatoes.
Easy Recipes with Ground Beef – Ingredients
Makes 12 servings
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil, divided
- 7 cloves Garlic, chopped
- 3 medium Onions, chopped
- 2 small Green Peppers, chopped
- 3 lbs Lean Ground Beef
- 2/3 cup Green Olives, pitted and halved
- 1/3 Capers, rinsed and drained
- 4 tbsp White Wine Vinegar
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Pepper
- 1 tsp ground Cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground Cloves
- 2 dried Bay Leaves
- 1/4 tsp Hot Pepper Sauce
- 3 (400g) cans chopped Tomatoes
Easy Recipes with Ground Beef – Directions
- In a large pot over medium heat, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Add and sauté the garlic, onions and green peppers until onions are transparent. Transfer the vegetables to a bowl and set aside. In the same pot, heat the remaining olive oil and brown the ground beef.
- In a pan over medium heat, combine the olives, capers, vinegar, salt, pepper, cinnamon, cloves, bay leaves and hot sauce. Let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Place the olive and the onion mixture into the pot with the ground beef. Add the tomatoes and cook to reduce for 1 hour over medium heat; stirring occasionally.
Easy Recipes with Ground Beef – Tips
You can substitute a pinch of cayenne pepper for the hot pepper sauce.
Find more easy recipes with ground beef chilis here.