Easy Recipes with Ground Beef – Tasty Joes
These sloppy joes have brown sugar as a special ingredient that adds a nice sweet flavour that comes out when biting into the sandwich. The addition of the canned tomato and French onion soups create a new flavour dimension that only increases the flavour and texture of the meat. This slopp joe recipe is a definite must-try as it is a very tasty and untraditional mixture of flavours that will leave your family wanting more. Sloppy joes were always popular in school, and this classic throwback rekindles those old memories into one tasty dish!
Easy Recipes with Ground Beef – Ingredients
- 3 lb. lean Ground Beef
- 1 (10 ¾ oz) can Condensed Tomato Soup
- 1 (10 ½ oz) can Condensed French Onion Soup
- ½ cup Ketchup
- ½ cup packed Brown Sugar
- 10 buns
Easy Recipes with Ground Beef – Directions
- In a large frying pan, brown the ground beef over medium heat. Drain the fat.
- Pour both the tomato and French onion soups into the frying pan. Fill each can halfway with water to rinse the cans and pour the flavoured water into the meat.
- Add ketchup and the brown sugar to the skillet and thoroughly mix.
- Let simmer over medium heat for 30 minutes. Remove the meat from the skillet and serve on buns.
For a heartier meal, add green peppers and chopped onions to the meat while it’s cooking. Adding some chopped garlic will give it extra flavour.
For a more exceptional sloppy joe experience, add sauteed onions, roasted red peppers or canned jalapeno peppers for a little kick and flavour to the joes.
Add some taco seasoning to the ground beef when cooking to create a nice flavour and texture to the meat.